Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014



Alright, so here's what's gonna go down every Tuesday here at TML. I'm going to showcase to you all two items-- one that's a bit on the pricey side and a cheaper version of that item and based on my research or personal experience, I'll reveal whether it's worth the splurge or not. Sound good?



For my first edition of Talk is Cheap, let's talk about the Leopard Slip-On Sneakers that are all the rave right now. From Forever 21 to Saint Laurent, everyone is creating their own version of the shoe. I narrowed it down to three brands based on prices I would be willing to pay: Forever 21, Steve Madden, Sam Edelman. Now, I'm super particular about how the leopard print looks so right off the bat I eliminated the Sam Edelman version. I personally feel that the sole of the shoe is entirely too high and the leopard print itself isn't dispersed enough. Am I being too picky?



Forever 21 offers a beautiful pair of pony hair leopard print slip ons for a perfect price of $24.80. Steve Madden's ECCENTRIC has a higher price point of $79.95 for the shoe in the same material. So which one would I go with? Steve Madden. I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes right now but let's be real and honest for a second. Name one time Forever 21 as a whole hasn't disappointed you? It could've been in terms of how they messed up the perfect shirt by using a gross fabric or having a necklace break on you 4 days after you got it (I may or may not be speaking from personal experience). While Forever's price point is a definitely music to anyone's ears, I'd much rather have my money go to a pair of shoes I know will last. ECCENTRIC, I'm coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment